PRESS RELEASE SOLUTRANS
PRESS RELEASE SOLUTRANS
NEW BFGOODRICH® TRUCK AND BUS TYRE RANGE LAUNCHED AT SOLUTRANS
BFGoodrich, the world leader in off-road tyres for over 100 years, is launching a new range of truck and bus tyres in Europe. This European launch marks the arrival of BFGoodrich truck tyres as a global brand with worldwide coverage, and includes services and support for all truck users. The new range will be available in early 2018 and includes tyres targeted at all segments of the truck and bus tyre market; long-haul, regional, on/off road and urban for use in all-seasons.
BFGoodrich started making tyres in Akron, Ohio in the USA in 1870, and has been selling truck tyres for over 80 years. The brand is now well established throughout the world in the truck tyre market, selling over 1.6 million tyres per year – everywhere except Europe. This announcement completes the picture and heralds the arrival of BFGoodrich as a global brand in passenger car, 4x4 and truck tyres !
The new 53 tyre range of steer, drive and trailer tyres is manufactured in Europe, for European fleets on European roads, and is designed to meet end user requirements. Available in four wheel diameters – 15”, 17.5”, 19.5” and 22.5”, the new range covers all main truck segments, and all tyres are M+S and/or 3PMSF marked to maintain grip and mobility whatever the weather conditions.
- BFGoodrich Route Control; designed for General Cargo fleets, this range provides a safe and long lasting performance. Regrooveable and retreadable to reduce the price per kilometer, the Route Control is designed for fleets, and is adapted to their needs with wide steer axle front tyres and 60 series to optimise payload volume.
- BFGoodrich Cross Control; for construction activity, these are robust, high grip tyres and have been rigorously tested on African tracks. Casing robustness comes as standard and with the 100 per cent retread guarantee*, construction fleets know that for every casing returned they will receive a retread tyre.
- BFGoodrich Urban Control; specifically for passenger buses, this is a safe and low noise tyre. It boasts additional sidewall protection and is equipped with an RFID Chip for easy tyre maintenance and inventory management.
The launch at SOLUTRANS is showcasing not just the tyres, but also services and support for truck and fleet users; the five stand out additions being:
- The new BFGoodrich truck tyre range is re-treadable and re-grooveable and comes with a 100 per cent retreadable guarantee* for 22.5’’ Tyres.
- BFGoodrich has such confidence in the product that the new range is being launched in 2018 with a 100% satisfaction guarantee – for the first 100 days of use.
- Peace of mind for users – BFGoodrich 24/7 Roadside Assistance throughout Europe. This provides fleets with the fastest 24/7 breakdown service in Europe** – whatever their tyre brand.
- The BFGoodrich Good Project – helping owner drivers as they set up their company, with the opportunity for a new business to win a set of 6 tyres for their truck every 3 months.
- From Baja to Dakar, motorsport and racing are part of the BFGoodrich DNA and 2018 will see BFGoodrich becoming official tyre provider*** for the new Formule Trucks series based on Renault Trucks.
The new BFGoodrich truck tyre offer will be launched and commercially available in January 2018 across a European network of more than 3000 professional dealers.
* Available in 2019
** 2h24 average to get the truck back on the road
*** BFGoodrich® Route Control standard tyres – 385/55 R 22.5 Front / 315/70R22.5 Drive
Michelin Press Service:
+33 (0) 1 45 66 22 22
With more than 100 years of history, BFGoodrich offers tires for every type of experience, from everyday driving to off-road, with a common theme: extreme performance. In Europe as in the United States, the brand is associated with the biggest sports competitions. BFGoodrich has been selling truck tyres for over 80 years, and is well established throughout the world in the truck tyre market, selling well over a million tyres per year. Present in more than 140 countries, BFGoodrich is a brand designed by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. All tire information can be found at truck.bfgoodrich.co.uk